We provide NHS funded eye tests for those who qualify under the NHS rules.
Your eye test will be provided at no charge if you are
- Under 16
- Under 19 in full-time education
- Over 60 years old
- Diabetic or have glaucoma
- 40 or over and an immediate relative (parent/child/sibling) of someone who has glaucoma
- At risk of developing glaucoma as advised by an ophthalmologist
- Prescribed a complex lens
- Named on a Tax Credit NHS Exemption Certificate
- Named on an NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
Your eye test will be provided at no charge if you or your partner are receiving the following benefits
- Income Support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance (not contribution based)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Even if you have a NHS test we strongly recommend that a digital retinal photograph or our latest OCT eye scan is taken. This provides a permanent and visual record of the health of your eyes and also aids early diagnosis of certain conditions.
Subtle changes due to blood pressure or diabetes can be seen much more easily than just by shining a light into your eyes. This will be at a reduced cost for children. Click the links for further details.